UN Global Compact Progress Report
As a signatory of the UN Global Compact, Swiss Life supports its ten principles of sustainability and contributes to making globalisation socially and ecologically compatible.
Declaration of support
Principles 1 and 2:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and
- make sure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principles 3, 4, 5 and 6:
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- the effective abolition of child labour; and
- the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principles 7, 8 and 9:
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.